In this post, we will learn how to convert inch to millimeter in Python. This program will take the inch value as the input from the user, convert it to millimeter and print it out.
1 inch is equal to 25.4 millimeter. So, if we multiply the inch value by 25.4, it will give us the millimeter value.
1 inch = 25.4 millimeter
x inch = x * 25.4 millimeter
x can be any number.
This program will use the below algorithm:
- Take the inches as input from the user.
- Convert this value to millimeter by using the above formula.
- Print out the millimeter value.
Let’s write down the program using this algorithm:
inch = float(input("Enter the inch value: ")) milli = inch * 25.4 print("Millimeter: ", milli)
If you run this program, it will print output as like below:
Enter the inch value: 5.24 Millimeter: 133.096
We can format the output to 2 decimal places by using the round method. The second parameter of this method should be 2 for that.
inch = float(input("Enter the inch value: ")) milli = round(inch * 25.4, 2) print("Millimeter: ", milli)
It will give output like below:
Enter the inch value: 5.24 Millimeter: 133.1
- Python program to append text to a file
- How to convert float to integer in Python
- How to create a new text file in python
- How to truncate datetime object and get the date in Python
- How to decrement a for loop in Python
- Split the root, extension of a path in Python using os.path.splitext
- Python program to replace all negative numbers with zero in a list
- Python program to check if a file exists