Find the product of all odd, even numbers in a python list
In this tutorial, we will learn how to find the product of all odd and even numbers in a list. The program will take the list values as input from the user and print out the product. With this program, you will learn how to use a for loop,if-else condition and how to take inputs in python.
Python program :
Python program to find the product of all odd and even numbers in an user-provided list :
#1 my_list =  #2 total = int(input("How many numbers you want to add to the list : ")) #3 for i in range(0, total): my_list.append(int(input("Enter : "))) print("You have entered: ", my_list) #4 odd_product = 1 even_product = 1 #5 for i in my_list: if(i % 2 == 0): even_product *= i else: odd_product *= i #6 print("Product of all odd numbers: ", odd_product) print("Product of all even numbers: ", even_product)
The commented numbers in the above program denote the step numbers below :
- Create one empty list my_list.
- Ask the user to enter the total count of numbers to add to the list. Read and store it in total variable.
- Run one for loop and read each element as an input from the user. Print the list to the user.
- Create two variables to hold the product of all odd and even numbers.
- Iterate through each element of my_list using a for-in loop. For each element, check if the current number is even or odd. If it is even, multiply it with even_product. Else, multiply it with odd_product.
- Finally, print out the products.
Sample Output :
How many numbers you want to add to the list : 5 Enter : 2 Enter : 4 Enter : 9 Enter : 10 Enter : 5 You have entered: [2, 4, 9, 10, 5] Product of all odd numbers: 45 Product of all even numbers: 80