Python string hexdigits is a string constant that contains all hexadecimal characters. It includes all these characters: ‘0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, a, b, c, d, e, f, A, B, C, D, E, F’.
This is a constant defined in python string. To access this value, we need to import string library by using import string. We can then access this constant: string.hexdigits.
It returns a string that includes all hexadecimal characters.
Let’s take a look at the below program:
import string print(string.hexdigits)
If you run this program, it will print the below output:
As you can see here, it prints all hexadecimal characters in a string.
Let’s write a program to check if all characters in a string includes all hexadecimal characters. We can use string.hexdigits for that. Below is the complete program:
import string def check_hexa(given_str): for ch in given_str: if ch not in string.hexdigits: return False return True input_str = input('Enter a string: ') if(check_hexa(input_str)): print('It includes all hexadecimal characters') else: print('It doesnt include all hexadecimal characters')
- check_hexa method is used to check if a string includes all hexadecimal characters. It returns True if all characters are hexadecimal, else it returns False.
- It is taking one string as input from the user and storing that value in input_str.
- It then uses check_hexa method to check if it includes all hexadecimal characters or not. Based on the return value, it prints one string to the user.
- How to calculate the average sum of all digits of a number in python
- Python find the average of all numbers in a string
- Python program to iterate over a tuple using a for loop
- How to find the power of a number using loop in Python
- Python program to find the power of a number using Anonymous function
- How to sort a list of tuple in python