In this post, we will learn how to convert a tuple of strings to a single string in Python. I will show you two different ways to do that. We can use this method to convert a tuple of characters to a string.
Let’s see how to do that with examples:
join() is the easiest way to convert a tuple to string. We can pass one separator to str.join(). If we provide a separator, it will use that separator to separate each strings while joining.
Let’s see how to do this with an example:
def tuple_to_str(t): return ''.join(t) given_tuple = ('hello', 'world') print(tuple_to_str(given_tuple))
- tuple_to_str method is used to convert a tuple to a string. It is taking a tuple as parameter and returns one string by joining all strings using join.
If you run this program, it will print the below output:
We can also use as different separator like a comma ,. For example, the below program uses a comma to separate all words:
def tuple_to_str(t): return ','.join(t) given_tuple = ('hello', 'world') print(tuple_to_str(given_tuple))
This program will use a comma as the separator. If you run this program, it will print:
We can also use a loop to iterate through the items and append them to a string. We can use a for-in loop for that:
def tuple_to_str(t): result = '' for str in t: result += str return result given_tuple = ('hello', 'world') print(tuple_to_str(given_tuple))
- result is an empty string.
- We are using a for…in loop to iterate through the strings in the tuple. For each string, we are adding it to the result string.
- It returns result.
If you run this program, it will print:
Both str.join and loop gives the same result. join is easier to use and we can also define a separator. So, join is preferred over any other way to convert a tuple of strings to a string.
- How to find the power of a number using loop in Python
- Python program to find the power of a number using Anonymous function
- How to sort a list of tuple in python
- Python string hexdigits explanation with example
- How to check if a tuple contains an element in Python
- Print the even and odd index characters of a string in python